-Hanging out with the family. Whether at the lake, dance recitals, or in the garden, family time has brought many laughs and fun memories.
-Taking Al and Steven’s engagement pictures at the lake. I love taking pictures and it was fun to have a photo shoot. What a pretty pair they make!
-Charleston for Al’s Bachelorette weekend getaway. Gotta love girl trips!
-More wedding craziness. Showers. Bachelorette parties. Who knew what being MOH entailed?
-4th of July at SML! Always one of my favorite holidays. We had the best time at the lake and we couldn’t have had a more fun group!
Although much more has happened since returning from Firenze, these photos seem to capture most of the excitement of the past 2 months. I’ve learned a lot being home. Some of the main things I have learned come through being MOH (maid of honor). For all of you (the two people who probably still read my blog) who do not know what being MOH requires, I’ll give you a brief synopsis of the requirements:
1.Fix the brides dress and hold her flowers when she says her vows. Hold the ring until she puts it on the groom’s finger.
2.Stay calm and reassure bride at all times. Try to keep drama to a minimum
3.Go cake testing. Eat lots of yummy cake (my favorite part so far)
4.Give a toast (a little worried about this one)
5.Plan bachelorette party/ events
I’ve enjoyed being MOH. My favorite part about this whole wedding deal is the things you hear people say. I’ve been keeping a word document of my favorite quotes. Here’s a few for your enjoyment:
-(Alex and FiFi talking about wedding bands in Panera. Al trying to explain to Steven why he can’t get his wedding band from Walmart. Steven responds that he can always just get another one because all that happens anyway is…) “A human being is going to bless a piece of metal and call it special”. O’ males.
-(after I had been reading mom the His needs, Her needs book that describes how men and women need different things in marriage/a mate. The author says that one important thing to males is an attractive mate, while he suggests that women need is love, regardless of attractiveness. At this my mother scoffs and responds…) “Why do we have to suffer with the bald fat man…did a man write that book (after I laugh and try to explain)… and you think I’m kidding Becca.”
-And my personal favorite dad’s response to most situations that arise in the planning…. “Gosh girls, it ain’t that hard.” The funny thing is that most of the time he is hitting the nail on the head.
Aside from all the wedding laughs and fun, I have seen again how changing environments affect my heart and thoughts. Being home, reading books, having some time alone to read and reflect has once again shown me that despite my circumstances God is always the same. My days are not my own. If Christ is not the center, my everything, then my life is in vain. Despite knowing these truths, there is no use in worrying or working effortlessly for the kingdom if my work is for myself or with a heart that is not listening to Christ. Faith. Patience. Humility. Trust. Just a few very tough but cool lessons I’ve been learning this summer. It’s been quite the ride. I’ll leave you with a few quotes and passages that have marked my heart this summer:
17. Keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. 18. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms.
–Ephesians 1:17-20
10. “Be still, and know, that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” – Psalm 46:10
“There comes the baffling call of God in our lives also. The call of God can never be stated explicitly, it is implicit. The call of God is like the call of the sea, no one hears it but the one who has the nature of the sea in him. It cannot be stated definitely what the call of God is to, because his call is to be in comradeship with himself for his own purpose, and the test is to believe that God knows what he is after.” (My Utmost for His Highest- Oswald Chambers)
“Obey God in the thing he shows you, and instantly the next thing is opened up. God will never reveal more truth about himself until you have obeyed what you know already…This chapter brings out the delight of real friendship with God.” –Oswald Chambers
I’m always being molded and shaped into the woman God has called me to be, and knowing that I have great HOPE and excitement! “And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you” – Romans 8:11
2 weeks till the big day. I gain a brother and Al loses the last name Troxler. Weird!
Wing Wing. Meow Meow. Love Love.
Bec
No comments:
Post a Comment