Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 is HERE!

WOW I CANNOT BELIEVE IT IS 2010! Where does time go? This is officially my first blog post ever. I never thought I would blog but I guess January 1st is a good day to start new things huh? I wrote down in my journal today all I could remember from 2009. All the good things, all the things I'd rather not recall. Looking back over 2009 I really couldn't believe how many awesome things I had done and how much I had grown. God is good, and He has richly blessed each day. A few 2009 memories for your enjoyment:

- UNC winning the National Championship/ Franklin St. and fire
- Road trips with my favorite girls to Florida and Nashville. Missing exits, getting pulled twice, "excuse me officer is that what you had said".
- Making it through my first year of college
- All the many lake trips
- Summer Project in Acadia Natl. Park. Seeing more of God's beautiful creation and learning a tremendous amount about Truth and Grace in relationships.
-Sophomore year at UNC. Winston 206 and Cobb 255. Great friends. Prayer Team. NYC sister trip.Miss Universe girls Halloween.Fall Break trip.
-Al and Steven getting engaged!
-praying in the New Year at Winter Conference!

I know that 2010 will bring many more unforgettable memories and lessons. Maybe my new found blogging will help me keep track of the year, especially my time in Italy.

Countdown to Florence: 12 Days

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." - Isaiah 55:6
--> Who knows what 2010 will hold, what Italy will be like, if Hil and I will get bedbugs; But what hope in knowing that the way I see circumstances are completely different than the purpose God has in them. God's knowledge and ideas are so much greater and bigger than mine, and He knows exactly where I fit into His plan. Knowing that I couldn't be more excited for Him to lead me into 2010! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment